Don’t we all start each year on a fresh note? We create goals and make promises to ourselves to be more productive. But then life happens and we lose control. While sailing through the months, goals get piled up in the corner.
Now, what if we start each month on a fresh note? Creating monthly goals which can help you stay productive and motivated. Lately I have been practicing few things at the beginning of every month and the results are amazing. Let me tell about those 5 things.
LEARN HOW TO BE ORGANIZED AND PRODUCTIVE BY IMPLEMENTING THESE 5 THINGS AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY MONTH
Disclaimer: This post contains Affiliate link. This allows me to make money for all the time I dedicate to this blog. I do not promote or support companies I don’t personally love.
5 THINGS TO DO AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH MONTH FOR PRODUCTIVITY
1. SET GOALS FOR EACH MONTH
At the beginning of each month, I like to sit down and write a list of “goals to be accomplished for this month”. I found this to be very beneficial as it helps one to stay focused on things that really matter.
So prepare a list of goals for the month, pick different areas of life where you want to see improvement. Write an action plan to achieve those goals. Here are some areas where I set my goals:
- Career: I’m in my 20’s and I understand it’s really important to stay focused and organized to achieve my goals. I run a business so I set a goals each month to increase my client reach, work on improvising my products etc. As a blogger, I set goals to increase my blog views. For example, this month I made a goal to increase my blog’s page views and I curated a plan to achieve it. At the beginning of this month, I had just 23 Pinterest viewers with 1 to 5 page views but now it has increased to 13.1k viewers with higher page views (its 16th April as I write this post).
- Health: Along with career, I wanted to make healthy food choices. So, every month I set goals for my health. For example, this month I planned to take in less carbs, exercise at least 5 times a week etc.
- Finances: Each month, I set goals to increase my income and working online has helped me a lot. Also, I make sure to pay my bills on time. Moreover, I plan a particular amount to be saved every month.
Here are 10 daily Habits of Frugal People You Must Learn to Save Money and Manage your finances better. Read it HERE.
2. DEEP CLEAN YOUR HOUSE/ROOM:
In our daily hustle-bustle, our house and its cleanliness gets ignored the most! So, at the beginning of each month make sure to dust, wipe, throw the clutter and organize your wardrobe, kitchen, desktop, office table, everything which you use daily. Clear expired food from your refrigerator, remove sticky notes from doors and walls.
Its so refreshing to see a clean and sparkling house. This gives you the “new-stuff feeling” , enhances your mood, also makes you feel accomplished and motivated for the days to come.
Reflecting on one’s action is an important tool used by many successful people in the world. Reflecting the work done in previous month gives you an opportunity to analyze yourself. You must ask yourself questions like: “how are you doing?”, “what are you doing?”, “what are you feeling about various things?”, “did you achieve your goals?”, “what to do differently to reach your goals?”, “do you want to correct any bad habits?”.
Asking these questions to yourself and reflecting past month’s action will help to set a clear action plan for this month. This helps you to understand the areas requiring improvement.
The moment a pay day arrives, we go mad and spend it on everything and anything. While its good to spend money on things that are important and essential, do not spend everything and live pay check to pay check. I have gone through this and so I make sure to prepare a budget every month. From my income, I make 3 parts. Firstly, I pay my bills, second part goes to savings and third part I keep for spending in the coming four weeks.
5. PLAN YOUR SELF-CARE ACTIVITIES:
It is important to indulge yourself in self care activities. Also, its wise to plan it out as we get busy with our work, responsibilities and tend to postpone/neglect ourselves in the process. So, at the beginning of every month, plan some activities for yourselves because self love is as important as loving others.
Probably, plan a short trip, read some self-love books, enroll in courses and learn something new, visit some places in the city, book a spa date, take yourself on a coffee date and enjoy your life.
Here is a list of 6 Self-Care Books to transform your mental health. Read it HERE.
So, these were the 5 things you must do at the beginning and I hope you find them useful.